Social Networking
I used to have a myspace, so I understand the value of social networking. It was a way to keep in contact with friends, find old friends that I hadn't talked to you in years, and keep up to date with what was happening with in their lives.
However, you'll notice that I said I "used" to have a myspace. Being on myspace became like an addiction. I would check to see who was online, who had updated their profiles, whether or not anyone had written me, etc...
I won't be creating a new myspace. I think myspace is a waste of time and I don't want to be attached to it. I have so many books I want to read, and being on the internet detracts from my reading time! I realize I could use myspace very sparingly, but I'm not the type of person to be able to do that. It's either all or nothing.
I think that social networking has a lot of value in it. It is a great way for people to keep in contact and to share things about themselves that otherwise no one would know about. It definitely has had a significant impact on people, especially the younger generation. Everyone seems to have a myspace these days.
But when I see kids on myspace, I wonder if maybe there was something better they could be doing with their time. Although, who am I to judge? I guess working in a library all I can think is "why aren't they reading?!" lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment