Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing # 17

Wikis!

Book Lovers Wiki was very interesting to me. I didn't see any books that I personally have read on there, so I'll have to give some of my faves a review!

Working in a library, I see hundreds of books every day, so this place is nice to get some feedback from people who have read the books.

The Library Success wiki looked really good, even though I am not a librarian, and don't know how much use the information in it will be to me. Still, I am fascinated with the processes that librarians have to go through in their daily tasks.

I think both of these sites could be useful to our library system and it's employees. If patrons utilized the booklovers wiki as a place to get reviews on books from other readers and to share their own I think it would be a big hit. Their friends could read their review and pass it on.
Librarians able to share and get feedback from other librarians, I think, is a wonderful resource that should be used.

No comments: